John Mayer - Edge of Desire (Austin Criswell cover)
Wired: Tense with excitement and enthusiasm as from a rush of adrenaline.
Harlem Shake (Puppy Edition).
“Most of the music is really personal as far as the emotion and the experiences that I’ve had in my life, but most of the themes in the songs aren’t that personal. They’re more just stories from television or books or movies or friends, more so than mine. But definitely the emotion and feeling is from me.” - Kurt Cobain, 1992
Today would have been Kurt Cobain’s 46th birthday.
Some might say stop when you’re still chasing the rainbows.
But, they will never know how this sense keeps waking you
Soundtrack Week: Runoff Playlist
Soundtrack Week is done but we aren’t! The panel had so many ideas for what to post for Soundtrack Week that we decided to make an extra Spotify playlist of some of our favorites! Hope you enjoy.
The Soundboard Panel
- My Baby Shot Me Down by Nancy Sinatra (Kill Bill [Volume 1], 2003)
- Gnossiennes No. 1 by Erik Satie (Chocolat, 2000)
- Talk Show Host by Radiohead (Romeo + Juliet, 1996)
- Piazza New York Catcher by Belle & Sebastian (Juno, 2007)
- Gotham Reckoning by Hans Zimmer (The Dark Knight Rises, 2012)
- In The Hall of The Mountain King by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross (The Social Network, 2010)
- Complainte De La Butte by Rufus Wainwright (Moulin Rouge!, 2001)
- Danke Shoen by Wayne Newton (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, 1986)
- The Times They Are a-Changin’ by Bob Dylan (Watchmen, 2009)
- Misirlou by Dick Dale & the Del-Tones (Pulp Fiction, 1994)
- Also sprach Zarathustra by Spracht (2001: A Space Odyssey, 1968)
- Audrey’s Dance (Twin Peaks, 1990-1991)
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Joe Hisaishi* (Howl’s Moving Castle, 2004)
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me by Randy Newman (Toy Story, 1995)
- Where Is My Mind by The Pixies (Fight Club, 1999)
- The Passenger by Iggy Pop (Trainspotting, 1996)
- Son Of Flynn by Daft Punk (Tron: Legacy, 2010)
- Dream Within A Dream (Inception, 2010)
- Colors of The Wind by Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas, 1995)
- Subway Anger by Joel Diamond (The Believer, 2001)
- The Flesh Failures/Let The Sunshine In (Hair, 1979)
Stereophonics - Could You Be The One? (Live in Jools Holland)
“Every little thing you do is magic lately”